Guidelines for Correction in the online Application Form of UGC NET December, 2018
It has come to notice that many candidates have inadvertently submitted incorrect data in their application form of UGC-NET December, 2018. In order to ensure that the data of the candidates is error-free and they do not face any hardships later on, NTA is providing a One-time correction facility.
Changes are allowed in all fields of the online Application Form.
The candidates are requested to pay the additional fee if it becomes due while making the correction in Category field in the application form. The additional fee should be paid through credit/debit card or through e-challan generated during the online correction. In case of e-challan cash needs to be deposited in any branch of State Bank of India during the prescribed period only.
The correction facility will be available on the official website of NTA www.ntanet.nic.in as per the schedule given below:-
Start Date: 08.10.2018 (Monday)
Start Time: 10:00 a.m.
End Date: 14.10.2018 (Sunday)
End Time:11:50 p.m.
Please note that the correction facility is available only to those candidates who have already
successfully submitted the application form along with the requisite fee on or before
The candidates are allowed to make the corrections, if any, only during the period specified above. Since, it is a onetime facility extended to the candidates to avoid any hardships to them the candidates need to be very careful while making correction(s). Any further change would not be permitted after 11:50 p.m., 14/10/2018, under any circumstances.
Discrepancies related with Photographs and Signature:
A large number of discrepancies have been reported in photograph and/or signature image/upload.
Here are few common issues that may result in the rejection of application forms.
• Unclear or hazy photograph
• Too dark or colourful background
• Incorrect size or dimension e.g. Stamp size photo
• Red-eyes due to improper flash
• Focus not on face
• Looking down or here and there, and not looking straight at the camera
• Selfies with people or scenery in the background
• Dark sun glasses or fancy glasses hiding face/eyes
• Invisible signature due to poor scanning or very small size
• Horizontal photograph & vertical signature
• Writing name in capital letters instead of signature in running handwriting.
• Drawing a line or fancy circle instead of a signature.
Candidates are further informed that link for image or signature correction would remain active till
11:50 p.m. 30th October 2018. Correction in these two fields can be made on or before this date.